19th International Congress on Palliative Care Last Call for Abstracts
Montréal — January 22, 2012 (XpressPRESS.com) – The 19th International Congress on Palliative Care will take place later this year, from October 9-12, 2012, at the Palais des Congrès in Montréal, Canada.
Presented by Palliative Care McGill, McGill University, this biennial Congress has grown to become one of the premier international events in palliative care. It offers a unique opportunity to meet, share experiences and exchange ideas with colleagues from 60 countries, representing all disciplines – nurses, physicians, social workers, physical and occupational therapists, music therapists, pharmacists, pastoral care persons, administrators, volunteers, psychologists… all those involved in palliative care come to renew themselves as providers of care and to obtain the inspiration that will help them shape the palliative care of the future.
The Congress will present renowned speakers who deepen your understanding, and inspire you to renew your commitment to palliative care, including Susan Folkman, Emeritus Professor at the University of California; Harvey Chochinov, University of Manitoba; Barbara Monroe and others from St. Christopher’s Hospice; Danai Papadatou, University of Athens; and Balfour Mount, who founded the Palliative Care movement in Canada, to mention only a few.
In-depth workshops and seminars will address all aspects of end-of-life care, from the most current scientific developments in pain and symptom control to the large existential questions, to hands-on experiential sessions addressing practical issues faced every day. Topics include:
- The Process of Whole Person Care
- Focus on the Nursing Experience
- Clinical Management of Advanced Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Pediatric Palliative Care
- Perspectives from St. Christopher’s: Doing More for Less
- Skills Development for Volunteers and Coordinators in Palliative Care
- The Architecture of Compassion: Hospice Design
- Palliative Care in Japan
and much more…
Click here to view the Preliminary Programme.
The deadline for submitting abstracts for presentation as workshops, proffered papers or research papers is January 31, 2012. Abstracts on all aspects of end-of-life and palliative care are welcome. A full list of subject categories as well as submission instructions and descriptions of each type of presentation can be found on the Congress website (www.pal2012.com). Poster abstracts may be submitted until May 31, 2012.
Click here to go directly to the Abstract Submission page.
The pre-early bird registration deadline is March 30, 2012.
Important Change Regarding the Detailed Programme:
In an effort to significantly reduce the amount of paper we use for the 2012 Congress, the Detailed Programme, to be published in the spring of 2012, will be available online as a pdf, and a print version will be mailed only to those who request one. If you wish to receive a hard copy, please let us know by January 30, either by email or by filling out the form provided on the website.
For more information, to register or to submit an abstract, please visit www.pal2012.com or call +1 450-292-3456 ext. 227.
Other Releases by this Organization:
- World's Largest Chanukah Menorah on Fifth Avenue by Central Park - November 24th, 2013
- Better Budgeting for Students: Electric Bicycles - August 19th, 2013
- DogFriendly.com Releases Its Top 200 Dog-Friendly Places in the United States and Canada for 2013 - May 1st, 2013
- For Beatles Fans, The Long and Winding Road Leads Back to Cleveland - February 13th, 2013
- New Book 'Presenting With Credibility' Reveals Exceptional Ways to Stand Out From the Crowd - August 16th, 2012